A new wave of plus size models is taking the fashion industry by storm. These women are gorgeous, confident, and most importantly, comfortable in their own skin. Learn more about how these inspiring models are changing the way we think about beauty standards!
There are different types of plus size models, each with their own unique look and style. Some plus size models are more traditionally glamorous, while others embrace a more edgy or alternative look. No matter what your personal style is, there’s a plus size model out there that embodies it.
Here are some of the different types of plus size models you might see:
1. Glamorous plus size models: These models have the classic hourglass figure with fuller breasts and hips, and a smaller waist. They often wear clothing that is more traditionally feminine and sexy, such as dresses, skirts, and high heels.
2. Edgy plus size models: These models are often thinner than traditional plus size models, and they have a more angular look to their features. They tend to wear clothing that is more edgy and unique, such as ripped jeans, leather jackets, and graphic T-shirts.
3. Alternative plus size models: These models may have piercings, tattoos, or other visible body modifications. They often dress in non-traditional styles such as gothic or punk fashion.
Plus size models are often praised for their confidence and body positivity. However, there are also a few drawbacks to the plus size modeling industry. Here are some of the pros and cons of being a plus size model:
- You can be comfortable in your own skin: One of the best things about being a plus size model is that you can be comfortable in your own skin. There are no strict requirements for plus size models, so you can rock any look that makes you feel confident.
- You can inspire others: Plus size models often inspire other women to love their bodies, no matter their size. Seeing someone like you in the media can help women feel more represented and appreciated.
- You can make a great living: Plus size modeling can be a very lucrative career. If you land major campaigns and contracts, you can make a lot of money.
- The industry is still not as inclusive as it should be: While plus size modeling is becoming more popular, the industry is still not as inclusive as it should be. There are still not nearly enough plus size models in the media, which perpetuates the idea that they are not as worthy or desirable as thinner
If you're looking for some fashion inspiration from gorgeous plus-size models, look no further! These curvy ladies show us that style has no size limit. From flowy dresses to ripped denim jeans, these models show us that plus-size girls can rock any type of outfit. And they look fabulous doing it!
So if you're in need of a little fashion inspiration, be sure to check out these plus-size models. You might just find your new style icon!
The current state of plus size modeling is pretty abysmal. There are very few plus size models that are actually plus size. The majority of them are either a size 6 or 8, which is not plus size. And the ones that are plus size are often airbrushed to look smaller.
This needs to change. We need to see more plus size models that are actually plus size. We need to see models that look like they belong in a plus size clothing store, not a straight size one. We need to see models with curves, rolls, and cellulite. We need to see real women, not just Barbie dolls.
only 9% of "plus-size" models meet the BMI criteria for obesity
72% of American women are a size 14 or above
"Plus-size" models typically range from sizes 6-8
The average American woman is a size 16
So what does this all mean? It means that the current state of plus size modeling is not representative of the average woman. And it needs to change. We need to see more real women modeling clothes for real women. Otherwise, we're just perpetuating the societal ideal that thin = beautiful and anything else
In conclusion, it is clear that plus size models are becoming more and more popular in the fashion industry. With their unique looks and confidence, these models are a force to be reckoned with. If you are looking for a way to make a statement with your style, consider using plus size models as your inspiration.